Thursday, September 27, 2012

Meditation

A few years ago, I started learning about meditation and how it relates to the Bible. I used to think the meditation is only thinking about the Lord. Wow, am I so wrong. Just a few days ago, I started reading more on meditation and how it is used in the Bible. I didn't even know that you can meditate on verses and that will greatly help you memorize verses, because I think that it is God that is quickening your memorization as long as you meditate on them too.

Psalm 23rd is a good chapter to start memorizing and meditating on.

Psalm 23
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Lord the Shepherd of His People
A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

In verse one you can think the Lord being a shepherd having outstretched arms coming toward you. He starts giving you a lot of gifts that you had needed, then you start running toward the Lord in tears. He starts caressing you as you bask in His presence.

Isn't that a sweet thing just to imagine the Lord all day long and the verses in the Bible. Its just a sweet thing! Now go to verse 2 and start meditating on it and go on to the next verse after that. You might meditate on things for a few minutes to a few hours. Awesome!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment