Friday, June 8, 2012

One God

Just a few days ago, I was doing Outreach in Chicago and a man pointed to the Bible. He pointed to Genesis 1:26 which says

Genesis 1:26

King James Version (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This week, I am going to start studying that one verse to see what Jesus was really saying. I want to get your opinion of what you think Genesis 1:26 really means.

I told the man about Isaiah 9:6 which says

Isaiah 9:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)
For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace.
A woman gave me this verse to me and said that she really believed about the Trinity until she started reading this verse. She started reading it over and over, because it stirred her whole heart up. This verse only talks about One God, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and the the Prince of Peace! I feel like leaping for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment