Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tithing or Giving?

Warning: This subject is confrontational on Tithing. Thanks!

Tithe means giving the first 10 percent to the church. It also means whenever you get your paycheck then you must give the first 10 percent or you will not be blessed. I used to think that this terminology was true, but now I find it a Yoke of Bondage. I don't want to offend anyone, but I have to get my point straight out on this subject. Nowhere in the New Testament does it tell us to tithe a certain percentage to the church.

Many of you might say that the Old Testament has tons of verses on tithing 10 percent, but when Jesus died on the cross then he said this:

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

Jesus came to fulfill the law, and tithing was part of the law in the Old Testament. Now don't get me wrong, because I am going to give out of the goodness of my heart. It says in the Bible that God loves a cheerful giver. So, please study this subject and see if I am true about this and if I am not then you can leave a comment below.

But ever since I did this, I feel so much happier to give to where I feel that God wants me to give to. Whether it be my time, money, or anything else. I am a happy man, and I won't be reverting back.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment