Friday, August 17, 2012

The Flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing!

Matthew 26:40-42
King James Version (KJV)
40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

The Flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing! This is something I had begun to understand a little more over the last few weeks. It all began a week and a half ago when I wanted to do things that I wanted to do. I started to cast aside praying and reading the Bible. I started playing computer games again which was an addiction in my life. It started eating at my Spirit, and I started wasting so much time on gaming. For two whole days I went to buffets and started porking out.

All this to say that my flesh was weak, and I was not doing anything to control my spirit. Yesterday, I realized that we are in control of our lives and it affects us, and other people around us. Whether they be our friends, family, or complete strangers. I was a mess, but now I am coming out. I just wanted to give the Lord the Glory for his mercies! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment