Monday, July 23, 2012

Not Works but by Faith

Over the weekend I went to St. Louis to a Pastors Appreciation thing that was happening over at a church. This church that I went to on Sunday treated me like I was going to preach at their church. I did not preach, but they treated me like how they would treat God if he came to their church. One of them told me that he is so blessed for taking me to the Bus station and dropping me off although it would be a 60 mile round trip for him. I asked him why he is so blessed to take me to the station because it would eat his car up. He told me before that he never had a car and his friends would always take him to work for free.That is just amazing to know about another church that has all the Brothers and Sisters taking great care of you as a Brother in Christ. It just made me think about my own church.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about a very important lesson that the Lord has taught me. He has taught me to not do things out of Works but by having faith. There is a clear difference in doing things out of Works for the Lord. The first reason is that you are doing Works to try to get people to like you. Stop getting people to like you. If you were doing stuff for God out of Faith then you would have the right kind of people liking you and more doors would be open to you.

The second reason is that you do them after the Flesh. You just want to do them so you can accelerate the process of being used faster for the Lord. Wrong! This will never work and your just wasting your time. God will put a roadblock up so you will never get to where you are going. God wants to use you but first you must be led by Jesus in order to be used.

I want all of you to be used by God, but I cannot force any of you to do anything. But I am warning you about these two methods that you should not use. Thank you so much and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment